Are you seeking a way to “bridge the gap” for students who have little or no programming experience to only offering C#, Java or some other advanced programming language? We have the solution called GAME:IT that aligns with many state's Video Game Design standards including TEKS §130.93. Video Game Design and California's Game Design and Integration CTE Pathway.
Some programming and STEM concepts covered in this course include:
- Analyze a complex problem and break the problem down into sequential steps
- Basics of game loops
- Programming variables to store and retrieve data
- Conditional statements (if this happens, then do this)
- What are functions and how they can be used
- What are arrays and how they are used
- Game physics (velocity, acceleration, gravity, collisions, and more)
- Geometry (angles, X & Y coordinates, distance between objects)
- How to use mathematical equations to solve complex problems
- The basics of databases. How to store data locally by building a high score table
- How to troubleshoot their games using problem solving and critical thinking skills
Contact us to learn more!