Learn to Build Games for FREE
Play, build, and learn Game Development! Play fun, app-friendly games and earn badges to be the best. Build a drag-and-drop math-centered baseball game. Learn the basic concepts of Game Development and STEM theory. All for free! The Build:IT app by STEM Fuse provides all users access to a wealth of fun and knowledge centered around Game Development. Created for K-12 teachers and students interested in the future of game development education.
STEM Fuse has created an easy to use, fun to learn app that motivates kids to enjoy all aspects of game development. Start your learning experience by playing a few of our in-home games to catch a feel for our style of gaming. While you play, earn badges for your accomplishments that may lead you to the top of the high-scoring charts. Next, it’s your turn to build a game.
Quick Look at Build:IT
Interactive Videos and Presentations
Using Build:IT, you will learn through interactive videos and presentations. This means you can learn by following along directly with one of our instructors, or open up the presentation and go at your own pace. You will reinforce skills in math and physics while developing basic computer programming skills. When you are done, you will have built a number of different games and you will be ready to buid your own unique game!
Multiple Game Engines
Build:IT offers two different tracks for different age ranges. For younger students, Scratch is used to teach basic game development and programming concepts. For the older students, Construct 2 is the game engine of choice. Construct 2 allows students to build complex 2D games that eventually can be used to launch apps on the Google Play and Apple Store.
Instructions to Download
To access the app via the Web follow these steps:
- The website is available on every browser and can be accessed as long as there is a stable internet connection.
- After you reach the site, you can login or create a new account
- Once you're logged in you can access everything.
To add the Build:IT app to Chrome follow these steps:
- Visit the Build:IT App page at the Chrome Web Store
- Click the Add to Chrome button.
- Confirm the action by clicking the Add button on the pop up.
- Once finished you'll be able to access the App from Google Chrome.
To add the Build:IT app to your Windows system follow these steps:
- Start the Exe download by clicking the button to the right.
- Run the newly downloaded Exe (This can be found in your downloads folder).
- Once installed feel free to move the Exe to a more accessible location and run the app
To add the Build:IT app to your Android device follow these steps:
- Visit the Build:IT App page at the Google Play Store
- Click the Install button.
- If you are installing to multiple devices you can choose your device from the drop down.
- Lastly confirm your install by clicking the green Install button.